Debra Austin, JD, PhD
This problem, too, will look simple after it is solved.
- Charles Francis Kettering -
Publication of Cases
West Digest & Key Number Indexing System
Construction of Headnotes
Every Digest volume contains the following information at the beginning of the volume
Outline of the Law
I. CONTROL, REGULATION, AND USE IN GENERAL, Key 1-20.
II. LICENSE AND REGISTRATION OF PRIVATE VEHICLES, Key 21-57.
III. PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES, Key 58-128.
(A) CONTROL AND REGULATION IN GENERAL, Key 58-128.
(B) LICENSE AND REGISTRATION, Key 65-108
(C) REGULATION OF OPERATION AND MANAGEMENT, Key 109-128
IV. LICENSE AND REGUATION OF CHAUFFEURS OR OPERATORS, Key 129-145.
V. INJURIES FROM OPERATION, OR USE OF HIGHWAY, Key 146-251.19.
(A) NATURE AND GROUNDS OF LIABILITY, Key 146-227.
(B) ACTIONS, Key 228-251
(C) ACCIDENT INDEMNITY FUNDS, Key 251.1-251.10.
(D) EFFECT OF NO FAULT STATUTES, Key 251.11-251.19.
VI. INJURIES FROM DEFECTS OR OBSTRUCTIONS IN HIGHWAYS AND OTHER PUBLIC PLACES, Key 252-314.
(A) NATURE AND GROUNDS OF LIABILITY, Key 252-290.
(B) ACTIONS, Key 291-314.
VII. OFFENSES AND PROSECUTIONS, Key 315-361.
(A) OFFENSES AND VIOLATIONS, Key 315-348
(B) PROSECUTION AND PUNISHMENT, Key 349-361.
VIII. GARAGE KEEPERS, REPAIRMENT, AUTO LIVERYMEN, AND FILLING STATIONS, Key 362-395.
I. CONTROL, REGULATION, AND USE IN GENERAL.
1. What are automobiles or motor vehicles.
2. Applicability to automobiles of regulations affecting other vehicles.
3. Means of conveyance in general.
4. Right to use motor vehicles on highways.
5. Power to regulate or prohibit.
(1). In general.
(2). Equipment, lights, and signals.
(3). Stopping, parking, or standing.
(4). Speed and control.
(5). Traffic regulations.
6. Constitutional and statutory provisions.
7. Local regulations.
8. Delegation of municipal powers.
9. Concurrent and conflicting regulations.
10. Subjects of regulations in general.
11. Construction and operation of regulations in general.
12. Parking or standing.
13. Highways affected by regulations.
14. One way streets.
15. Injuries to highways.
17. Injuries from defects in private premises.
19. Sale or transfer.
20. Certificate of title.
Finding Colorado Cases
Finding Federal Cases
Finding Cases Online
US Supreme Court Cases on Findlaw from 1760
US Supreme Court Cases on Cornell from 1990
US Court of Appeals by Circuit on Findlaw
10th Circuit Cases from the US Court of Appeals at the 10th Circuit
Casemaker - Colorado Bar Association